The Baltic Pipe Project Partners
The project is being developed in collaboration between the Danish gas and electricity transmission system operator Energinet and the Polish gas transmission system operator GAZ-SYSTEM.
Both companies are committed to maintaining a high level of security of supply and to supporting the development of a diversified and integrated European energy market. Implementation of the Baltic Pipe Project will significantly contribute to achieving these key objectives of the European Union.
- Energinet will be responsible for the construction of the onshore project components in Denmark and the offshore components in the North Sea and the Little Belt and will own and operate these components.
- GAZ-SYSTEM will be responsible for the construction of the offshore pipeline between Denmark and Poland and the expansion of the Polish gas transmission system and will own and operate these components.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Energinet is an independent public enterprise owned by the Danish state established for the purpose of ensuring public control of critical infrastructure. The company owns, operates and develops the Danish electricity and gas transmission systems.
Energinet’s vision is a balanced and sustainable energy supply. Energinet’s mission is to provide reliable energy for the society. The company is committed to ensuring a high level of security of supply, integrating renewable energy and well-functioning competitiveness on the electricity and gas markets. The company has 1,000 employees.
- 861 km of transmission network
- 6,600 km of gas distribution network
- 2 gas supply sources
- 1 compressor station
- 2 gas storage facilities owned by a commercial subsidiary
GAZ-SYSTEM’s sole shareholder is the Polish State Treasury. GAZ-SYSTEM is entered onto the list of strategic companies for the Polish economy, responsible for the security of natural gas supply via transmission networks.
GAZ-SYSTEM’s vision is to ensure safe transportation of natural gas in Poland and active engagement in establishing an integrated transmission system in Europe. GAZ-SYSTEM’s core mission is to ensure energy security and build the position of a major operator driving the integration of gas transmission systems in Europe. The company has 2, 700 employees.
- 11, 000 km of the transmission network
- 904 gas stations
- 14 compressor stations
- 4 gas interconnectors
- 1 LNG terminal in Świnoujście