GAZ-SYSTEM: The first compressor station in the Baltic Pipe with a location decision
On June 26, 2019, the Zachodniopomorskie Voivode issued a location decision for the extension of the gas compressor station in Goleniów. This is one of the three such elements on the Polish side in the Baltic Pipe project – the rest are: the compressor station in Odolanów, which is being extended, and the compressor station in Gustorzyn, which is being built from the ground up.
The obtained location decision includes the implementation of the following investment projects:
- extension of the Goleniów Gas Compressor Station,
- construction of a receiving and transmitting gas lock, including all necessary infrastructure for the DN1000 Goleniów-Lwówek gas pipeline,
- construction of a receiving and transmitting gas lock, including all necessary infrastructure for – the DN 1000 Płoty Station – Goleniów Compressor Station gas pipeline.
The gas compressor station in Goleniów will have the power of approximately 25 MW and the capacity of over 1.5 million Nm3/h at the maximum operating pressure of MOP 8.4MPa.
The facility will provide the full use of the Baltic Pipe submarine gas pipeline capacity and will enable gas transportation from the north to the south of the country through gas pipelines adjusted to operation with MOP 8.4 MPa parameters. The main task of the Goleniów Compressor Station will be compressing of large gas streams from the direction of Niechorze (Baltic Pipe) and Świnoujście (LNG Terminal) towards the North-South corridor.
5 elements are planned within the framework of the Baltic Pipe project in Poland: construction of a gas pipeline connecting the undersea gas pipeline with the national transmission system, construction of the Goleniów-Lwówek gas pipeline, extension of the Goleniów gas Compressor station, construction of the Gustorzyn Gas Compressor station and extension of the Odolanów Gas Compressor station. In addition to the above decision, GAZ-SYSTEM has obtained so far:
- a set of location decisions for the Goleniów-Lwówek gas pipeline (length 191 km),
- location decision for a supporting investment – from the Płoty Station to the Goleniów Compressor Station, as well as the extension of the Płoty Station,
- location decision for the gas pipeline section from the Dam Complex to the Gas Receiving Terminal along with its construction and the section of the gas pipeline connecting the Terminal with Płoty Station.
The company also proceeds a location decision for the connecting gas pipeline (length approx. 90 km), which in May 17, 2019, obtained the environmental decision.
On June 28, 2019, the Provincial Governor of Kuyavia and Pomerania also initiated proceedings regarding the issue of a location decision for the construction of the Gustorzyn Gas Compressor Station. By the end of July 2019, it is also planned to obtain a location decision for the extension of the Odolanów compressor station.