Public hearing in Stralsund
On February 27, 2018 at 16.00-19.00, a public hearing concerning the Baltic Pipe Project was held at the Intercity Hotel in Stralsund, Germany. The purpose of the meeting was to inform the public about the project, including project timeline, environmental surveys and technical analyses. According to the PCI procedure (Project of Common Interest) pursued by Baltic Pipe Project, the meeting constituted a part of the public consultation process in which the public can submit comments to the project in the early phase of project implementation.
The meeting was open to public.
The topics presented and discussed at the meeting included the following:
- Project status and project milestones
- Underlying assumptions re. the potential offshore pipeline through German Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ)
- Considerations behind the proposed routing
- Technical solutions considered
- Environmental considerations(possible mitigation measures during construction and operation)
- Public participation in project implementation process
After the presentation, the members of the public could participate in subject-specific consultations with project experts on technical, environmental and business aspects of the Project.
During the hearing, all participants could ask questions and make remarks. All interested parties can also share their opinions and provide information to the following address: email@example.com or by traditional mail to the Company’s address: Operator Gazociągów Przesyłowych GAZ-SYSTEM S.A., ulica Mszczonowska 4, 00-337 Warszawa, with a note: “Konsultacje Baltic Pipe” [Baltic Pipe consultation].